Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Intro

My name is Alison, and I am a Fashion student at The Ohio State University. I have a great love for historical fashion and costuming in general. This blog will be my way of documenting my thoughts and projects in discovering fashion through history.

A little background on me... I'm married to a wonderful, hardworking man whom I love dearly. We have 3 dogs, and love the outdoors. I have been sewing since I was young, and plan to pursue a career in the business of fashion.

I will use this blog to document, share, and inspire readers in all areas of historical costuming. I'm really excited about my first project... A Century in a Year. I will be delving into each decade of the 20th century, looking at pop culture and major events, to discover the biggest movements in fashion. My goal after researching the decade is to construction a either a historically accurate or modern re-imagining of a fashion movement of every decade.

I hope all of you will enjoy this blog, and I hope you will commmunicate with me. I'll be looking for tips, hints, and questions. We can learn together! Feel free to e-mail me with any thoughts, comments, or criticisms at...   stylinghistory@gmail.com

Happy Styling!

No comments:

Post a Comment